Tuesday 14 July 2009

Ash Plom re-elected as LOTW Parliament Leader: Acceptance Speech

I'll be deciding upon my DPL and EC over the course of this week - applicants are to mail me, setting out why you believe you're a suitable candidate.

My immediate order of business after that will be the Club Awards system, which is to be implimented by order of AJJE's President, Alex Verdusco. We'll be discussing the hows and whats later this month, and I'll appoint someone to draft a proposal setting out how it's going to work. I have a number of other Resolutions planned for voting, including one giving the TSD powers to approve or decline character images for the 'photo' ID thing based on criteria other than the ToS.

Before all that, though, let me offer something of an acceptance speech. On the 1st of November, 2008, I offered as my personal prayer for the Plom II administration a verse from the Apostle Paul's epistle to the Romans.

"Whoever has the gift of encouraging others should encourage. Whoever has the gift of giving to others should give freely. Anyone who has the gift of being a leader should try hard when he leads. Whoever has the gift of showing mercy to others should do so with joy."

I believe the admin team consistently encouraged and empowered the club members. I believe the admin team were joined by other lovely members in giving their time and energies freely to this awesome club. I believe the Member Support Director, the Technical Support Director, and the Cortex Lounge Moderators not only tried hard when they led, but they excelled as well.

I hope I will be found to have been a merciful PL.

For the Plom III administration, I pray this:

"Be joyful always!" (1 Thessalonians 5:16)

This club is here for our enjoyment, and we're going to keep on enjoying it, and making it all it can be.

Peace to you all,

Ashley Leighton Plom
Parliament Leader
12th July, 2009

No comments: