Saturday 2 January 2010

Jessica McClary leaves AJJE Games

Appointment #61

I believe that this is officially the hardest appointment that I have ever written. Just to give you all an idea of how difficult it’s been, I’ve been working on it for two weeks. I just can’t seem to get the words out right, which is why I did the long introduction to this one. In all honesty, my time here at SGU has been some of the greatest moments on the internet I’ve ever had. I’ve made so many friends and I’ve shared more laughter than aggravation. That’s something very special and I want you all to realize, to appreciate what a great thing you all have here.

As you all know I came from a club that was filled with bitter politics where you didn’t trust your friends to do more than stab you in the back. That isn’t the case here, in SGU we are all friends and we find ourselves laughing more than screaming. That is truly precious as I have seen the other clubs have their bickering and their fighting, lines drawn in the sand. Something that we have all been spared which is something I give thanks for.

So why this appointment? Well, that’s difficult to explain, but I will try. In the last several months, in fact since last April, I have been going through an awakening of sorts. I don’t want to sound all mystical or anything, but this awakening has been in relations to my faith. In light of this awakening I have rededicated myself to my studies, something I should have done a long time ago. The problem is this: I only have a finite amount of time unfortunately and because most of it is being used, the ability to find time to dedicate myself to actual study was severely compromised so I have to make the time.

Unfortunately I have only one place of flexibility and that means I have to say goodbye, that I am leaving the whole of AJJE Games.

Believe me, that’s harder to write than I thought it would be.

I know many of you will have a mixture of emotions and all I can say is that sometimes we all have to do the hard things to follow the right path for ourselves. I have been role-playing for 22 years and the idea that I might not be doing that any more scares me a little bit because it is such a huge part of my past and present, but when you are looking to the future you have to realize that sometimes the projects that mean the most are also the ones that you have to say goodbye to. The simple fact is that within the last year I have been in and out of active participation and this has affected all of you. I have tried to find a myriad of solutions, but I’m at the last.

While some of you may not agree with me, this choice is for the best of all of us.

With that said, please remember that I am only an e-mail away and I’m always happy to answer questions, give advice and just in general a laugh or hug. My shoulder is always available and despite a lack of presence I’ll still be looking in on you all and always remember, I do have my spies who are more than happy to leak to me little bits of information.

So with all that said, I suppose I better to get to the appointment itself.

Knowing of my plans I began to make the arrangements and in talking with the President and Vice President….my bosses… I was able to nail down the progression of authority for Military Command. I essentially took the fate of SGU in my own hands and got what I wanted…which isn’t all that surprising because I often get what I want (except a cure for the common cold, still waiting for that one folks).

Just recently, in August, this person was not only promoted to Brigadier General but I also named her my successor. I am very happy to make that happen so without further ado I hereby pass the reigns of Operational Leader of SGU to Anna-Lyn Signey who has been involved since the near beginning as Fox MacGyver.

As of the final toll of midnight US Central Time, Anna will be the official leader. Please show her the same love, devotion and dedication to the club that you have all shown me. I know without a doubt that in leaving SGU, I’m leaving my baby in the arms of those who adore it as much as I do.

Be well and know that you are always with me, forever….

Jess McClary
31 Dec 09

No comments: