Saturday 15 August 2009

Ash Plom promoted to Colonel in SGU

Appointment #53

It's interesting to learn how we all want or even need to give out accolades. We each have our own way of accomplishing the task. Some of us give out awards, pin a medal on a chest. Others of us simply nominate the individuals for positions and then there are those that are like me, I simply wax lyrical.

I'd like to do so again. When I first met Ash Plom he came across as brash, excitable and eager to please. His heart was in the right place and he knew where he thought things should be. He uses his passion not only to do what is right, but to be good to everyone as well as he can to motivate, inspire and encourage.

In the two years since I got to really know him, he's tempered himself a little bit, but only in his approach. Yet despite that I know I can always count on him to show me the other side of the situation, to point out what I have missed. His advice is something I count on not just here in SGU, but also in life in general.

Additionally is his dedication to his team, he's always trying to do what is right for them and keeps them equally motivated. He tries his hardest and is usually rewarded by the right step forward.

So while I am content to merely wax lyrical, I acknowledge that there is more I can give and more that the other members of Military Command wish to bestow. With that said it is my extreme honor, pleasure and done with pride that I promote Ash Plom to the rank of Colonel with all the rights and privileges that come with the rank.

I know he will bear them proudly and continue to be a source of inspiration for all of us in every aspect of his involvement.

Congratulations Ash

Jess McClary
14 Aug 09

No comments: