Monday 24 August 2009

First Post: Whisper (then called Nightingale)

Message Posted on 2006-10-24 00:00:00
Message Posted by CO Crucion Star (CO
)

[I have removed the : markup dots from the original entry]

Woo! First Post!

Copied from Aker's Bluff to make sure nobody misses anything.

A little BG/catchup for all you noobies :)

[start of copied post]

Crucion made his way to his room. He lies down in the bed, hands behind his head, slowing down for the first time since before the incidents of the med bay.

"This is what training prepared me for," he thought to himself, "...but it still feels weird. Shooting, and killing a man. A man I was beginning to know. A man I know others cared for," he sighed deeply, then smirked "But hey... it was a good shot.

He started to close his eyes, when he heard the beep of an incoming wave. Audio, but no picture.

"Hello?" he questioned.

"Crucion, I can't believe I finally found you." came the voice on the other end, a voice Crucion hadn't heard since he joined the military.

"Ru, is that you? It's been two years." Crucion responded.

"Yes brother it's me, but you have to listen I don't have much time. I started a shipping company called Star Enterprises. I need you to get to Highgate as soon as possible. There is a ship there called the Nightingale. On board is a shipment that needs to get to Akers Bluff and delivered to a Saloon called the Last Drop. The ships crew has disappeared but I know you can fly the ship well enough to ensure the shipment is made." Ru explained.

"I'm already at Highgate." Crucion told Ru.

"Good I need you to get that ship and get out of there now. Once you get to Akers Bluff, Sam will have an envelope for you with payment and maybe even more..." Ru stopped as another voice came over a comm system "Captain, they've found us." "Gos se! I've got to go." Ru said then the transmission went silent.

The rim of the verse is.... insane! he thought. A moment of quiet, never a moment of quiet.

...and now, his brother giving him the keys to a ship. This was the icing on the cake.

I have to go, he argued with himself inside his head, But they need me on board, he crunched his brow, But this is family. It's personal.

That was it. He got up from the bed, and packed his possessions back into his duffel bag, with the auto on top for easy access. He checked his pockets, both pistols were there - and back to full power. He swung the bag over his shoulder, and left the room.

Overhearing Charles in the Med Bay, he went down to tell him the news.

"Charles," Crucion called from the hallway outside the bay, "I need to talk to you."

"I got a wave from my brother," he spoke fast, "I haven’t heard from him in two years, and I think he's in danger."

"He has his own company, ships and all, and one is here for me - empty. I've got enough piloting skills to get it where he wants me to get it, and I guess I will see from there."

"...I'm leaving..."
[end of copied post]

He sprinted through the highgate docks, as he rushed to find "The Nightingale." It only took a few minutes; Crucion's tastes were very similar to his brothers.

She is a majestic bird, one of the newest, prettiest, but also weirdest looking ships at the docks. She is in a coat of glossed black paint with detailing in lavender and a very smoky gray.

The paint makes her the black dot on a white canvas, but out in the black of the rim she could squeeze by most of the sensor-less ships without notice.

Crucion types in a code to open the door - his childhood pet-dog's birth date - and entered the ship.

He sat down at the controls, they were very complicated, but the basics were the basics. After obtaining permission to launch, he takes her off the ground, and into the black.

She is as smooth as can be, and quite fast as well. A decent mechanic or two, and she'd be the best ship this side of the core.

The sequence of events played out over, and over again in Crucion's mind. had he done the right thing he questioned himself, at the hypnotic num of the ships engine.

A light on the panel flashed, he was there. Already. Highgate to Aker's Bluff, that fast?

Whatever. No time to think about the ship. He had to finish the job. His brother was on the line.

He got off the ship and stepped onto the oh-so-familiar surface he'd been on less then a month ago.

He jogged into the last drop, practically kicking down the door, and sat down at the bar.

"Sam...I....Nightingale...Shipment..." he spat out, breathing hard.

No comments: