Tuesday 18 August 2009

Megan Schulz becomes Colonel in SGU

Appointment #56

It's another day, which means another Appointment to be. I, in my own way, take certain people under my wing. While I'm never overt about it, I find myself thinking that a particular person has a bright future here within our club and I start to watch over them carefully. Helping them when and if they wish it, gently pointing them toward the possibilities if they are willing to take it. This next particular individual is someone who I consider not just a friend, but someone that I have watched for that particular interest.

When I first met Megan she was a bit shy, unsure of herself to a degree, but willing to give everything a shot. Her eagerness to try has impressed many people, myself included. Probably her most significant trait that would be first on my list is her honesty about her own capabilities. While I do believe that she's still young and has a bit to go before she really comes into her full potential, I am eager to watch it happen.

In her time here in SGU she has been my executive officer when I was the Commander of Atlantis Beta Site, then later stepped into my shoes as Commander. Since taking on the position, she has made it her own with techniques to help bolster it's placement in the RPEs as a place to play. Additionally are her contributions to SGU as a whole. First as her role as Technical Support Director and now as her role as our Senate Leader for her second term.

She has taken everything she has learned not just from those of us in Military Command, but what she's seen in the workings of AJJE Games proper to use it to her best advantage. More so, she understands the uncertainty that comes with taking on new positions and new projects. That has allowed her to reach out and give a confident boost to those who need it, and allow her to see that just because someone may not be well known any more, they still have potential. Best yet, she's still willing to listen to advice.

In light of all these traits, these contributions and in the spirit of her continued growth, Military Command has decided to promote Megan to the next highest rank.

So, it is with pride, honor and respect that I promote Megan Schultz to the rank of Colonel with all the rights, privileges and responsibilities that come with the position.

Congratulations Megan, very well deserved.

Jess McClary
17 Aug 09

No comments: